I, Horacio Gutierrez, personally commit to the following:
- To be a tireless advocate for the imperative of achieving greater diversity in the legal profession and to underscore its urgency;
- To practice the importance of active listening as a critical means to that end;
- To do all I can to inspire my organizations to translate “best intentions” into concrete and aggressive plans for action;
- To create an environment and culture where all employees feel like they can come to work as their full and complete selves;
- To actively participate in coaching and mentoring programs;
- To be available to LCLD in any capacity to assist in attaining those ends.
- To regularly meet and strategize with our talent acquisition team to ensure that for each open position, we consider a diverse slate of candidates, and that we are doing all the work necessary to find the very best diverse talent, even when there are no open positions available;
- To develop and expand on our new employee onboarding programs so that everyone feels welcome and is equipped with the resources they need to be successful;
- To require the leaders of my organization to promote an culture of inclusion and to devise a talent planning strategy that includes coaching, mentoring and developing their diverse talent;
- To support participation by all team members in Disney’s DEI programs; and
- To develop programs that promote the diversity of, and within, the law firms we retain.
- “Move the needle” in ways that meaningfully advance the goals my organization has established. That would happen if:
- My organization has become meaningfully more diverse in number;
- My organization’s culture is perceived by diverse professionals as one that supports their professional development and advancement; and
- Diverse professionals feel comfortable being their authentic selves in the workplace and take pride in being part of the organization.
- Increase the pipeline of women-owned or minority-owned business enterprise (WMBE) firms within our legal services supplier base.