I, Henry Nassau, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader to advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will ensure that our firm community continues to foster a culture of inclusion where everyone’s voice is respected and valued.
- I will use my leadership position to build a more diverse and inclusive legal profession by improving the equity of processes such as recruitment, development, sponsorship and advancement of diverse attorneys and women.
- I will meet at least twice a year with my organization’s Fellows and Pathfinders to discuss their experiences as well as opportunities for improvement and host an LCLD Leadership Lunch.
- I will engage with our Global Women’s Initiative and Affinity Groups to hear about their experiences and perspectives on ways the firm/I can support their development and professional goals.
- I will meet regularly with the firm’s Deputy Chair of Diversity and Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer to discuss progress against our diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
- Require practice group leaders to prepare and present to firm leadership annual DEI action plans and related metrics.
- Implement a partner diversity scorecard in 2022 to track diversity representation on client matters and pitch teams.
- Within two years, create partner compensation incentives where partners are evaluated on and held accountable for their personal contributions to DE&I, including performance on diversity scorecard metrics, designation of diverse lawyers to serve in senior client relationship roles, inclusion of diverse lawyers into client relationships, service as Affinity Group leaders or Diversity Liaison Partners, active participation in mentorship and sponsorship programs, etc.
- Review my firm’s origination credit process to ensure that practices such as credit-sharing and developing business are equitable.
- Develop a model for client succession plans that ensures that a diverse or female partner is one of a team of two or three lawyers identified to succeed a senior partner and apply the model to succession plans for six clients within the next 18 months.
- Broaden diverse and female candidate pools for lateral associate, partner hiring and leadership roles. (Consistent with Mansfield)
- Launch a formal, practice-driven mentoring program in Q1 2022 to enhance diverse mentor-mentee pairings and exposure to different perspectives.
- Expand our formal sponsorship program for senior diverse and female attorneys to include diverse male attorneys.
- Build a firm-wide resource management system to improve equitable work distribution and opportunities for diverse lawyers.