I, Hack Wiegmann, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader at Williams & Connolly to promote a culture of diversity, equity and inclusivity throughout the Firm.
- I will work with the Firm's Chief Diversity Partner, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and Women’s Initiative to champion initiatives aimed at recruiting, developing, retaining, and promoting women and diverse attorneys.
- I will meet regularly with the Firm’s Chief Diversity Partner to support and promote equity within the Firm and work with organizations promoting equity in the community.
- I will ensure that diverse and women attorneys in our firm have the ability to participate actively in programs which promote their careers with organizations such as: Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Chart Your Own Course, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Corporate Counsel Women of Color, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, American Bar Association, and National Bar Association.
- Together with the Firm’s Chief Diversity Partner, I will meet twice each year with all law firm LCLD Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni to hear their concerns and ideas, to learn about their experiences, and to help them continue to grow and succeed as professionals.
- I will be personally available to all of our lawyer and staff, so that they can share opportunities and raise concerns directly to the leadership of our Firm.
- I will lead our firm’s commitment to remain Mansfield Rule certified, and to provide opportunities for diverse lawyers and professional staff to advance in leadership roles in our firm.
- The Firm will achieve and maintain Mansfield Rule Certification by considering at least 30% women, lawyers of color, LGBTQ+, and lawyers with disabilities for leadership and governance roles in the partnership, including equity partner promotions.
- The Firm will continue to commit firm resources, including investing in DEI staff, training and educational programming, to ensure that we meet our DEI goals and support an inclusive workforce.
- The Firm will ensure that our diverse lawyers have appropriate sponsorship and other career support, including feedback and coaching.
- The Firm will continue to support efforts to diversify the pipeline into the legal profession through support and involvement with organizations such as Sponsors for Educational Opportunity, the DC Roadshow, the Georgetown Early Outreach Initiative, the Thurgood Marshall Academy, and explore new initiatives to identify and recruit candidates beyond our traditional base.
- The Firm will collaborate with clients on impactful diversity initiatives, including joint diversity recruiting, secondments, mentorship programs, targeted professional development opportunities, and pro bono services.
- The Firm will continue our recruiting efforts to hire the top diverse talent in our attorney ranks and professional staff.
- The Firm will maintain a diverse workforce by fostering a culture that values the unique backgrounds, beliefs, skills and attributes of all people.
- The Firm will work to enhance the effectiveness of our legal services by supporting the creation of diverse and collaborative client teams.