I, Gwen Renigar, personally commit to the following:
- Lead by example and advocate for diversity, equality, and inclusion among my colleagues, our clients, in the legal profession, and in our local communities.
- Maintain a diverse firm leadership team and foster a diverse pipeline, including practice group leaders, office managing partners, and CXOs.
- Meet regularly with our Diversity Committee Co-Chairs (including the Chief Diversity Officer), and diverse attorneys of all levels.
- Mentor and support diverse lawyers at all levels, as well as encourage others to do the same.
- Maintain DEI as a mission-critical priority.
- Commit firm resources toward advancing its DEI goals, including investing in full-time DEI professionals, DEI programming, and affinity groups.
- Support the mission of the Steptoe Racial Justice Fund.
- Build and maintain strategic DEI partnerships with our clients, nonprofits, and suppliers.
- Ensure the members of the firm’s leadership committees and business services chiefs actively participate and support our DEI programming.
- Encourage partners to share our DEI initiatives with our clients.
- Ensure diverse lawyers are included in opportunities for leadership, client relationship management, advancement, business development, and marketing.
- Support the hiring, retention, professional development, career development, and promotion of diverse lawyers at all levels, including mentoring, coaching, and training programs such as the Steptoe LEAD (Leadership Engaging and Advancing Diverse Associates) program.
- Support diverse lawyers’ pipeline programs, both internal and external through programs such as the Steptoe Pre-Law Fellowship Program, The Ron Brown Scholars Program and FCBA (Federal Communications Bar Association).