I, Frank Aquila, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice on the Management Committee to advance the work of the Firm’s Diversity Committee within the Firm, as well as advocate for the continued advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion in the profession.
- I will continue to partner with clients as well as other members and general counsel in LCLD to support and participate in leadership programs to advance historically underrepresented lawyers in our organizations.
- I will continue to engage with other partners and leaders of practice areas to discuss the importance of DEI in their respective areas and how to advance historically underrepresented lawyers in their practice areas.
- I will continue to identify historically underrepresented lawyers who can benefit from working on my own matters.
- Continue to foster an inclusive environment where all of our people (particularly underrepresented lawyers) feel welcomed and supported at work.
- Continue developing and embedding anti-racist principles, and learnings as a part of regular Firm programming, including expansion of the S&C Allyship Learning Curriculum.
- Further partner with our clients to sponsor diversity-related pipeline programs and community organizations that advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- Continue to work with, and deepen relationships with, organizations advocating for historically marginalized communities.
- Through our participation in the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance (“LFAA”), continue our efforts to uplift communities and individuals oppressed by racism using the law as a vehicle for change to promote racial equity.
- Build upon our Mansfield Rule Certification process to broaden the pool of diverse candidates considered for leadership opportunities at the Firm.
- Work with Bar Associations, including our support of the New York City Bar Association and the American Bar Association, to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the profession.