I, Faiza Saeed, personally commit to the following:
- Continue to foster inclusion as among our Firm’s core values, enhancing our culture of excellence, collegiality and respect, and continually invest in our system of talent development to cultivate an environment where all of our people have the opportunity to thrive.
- Engage in and support Firmwide efforts to mentor, recruit and advance attorneys from diverse backgrounds both within our organization and across our profession.
- Further our longstanding relationship with Nashville-based HBCU Fisk University through personal and organizational engagement, including through the Cravath Scholars Program, providing opportunities for professional experiences in or outside the legal field to inspire their diverse student body.
- Continue to support Firm participation in pro bono work and collective industry efforts directed at enforcing civil rights and laws dedicated to the elimination of discrimination.
- Engage regularly with Executive Management, Boards and General Counsel to align on diversity and inclusion initiatives between our organizations, working in partnership to enhance our collective efforts and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain diversity and inclusion initiatives among the highest Firm business priorities, with regular discussion and re-evaluation of recruiting, development, retention and promotion efforts at key partnership meetings and among Firm management.
- Ensure our Firm management structure—for lawyers and staff—reflects a diverse range of backgrounds and perspectives, and that those leaders are incentivized to further diversity and inclusion objectives within their departments or across their respective responsibilities.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Diversity Committee to continually assess processes and systems focused on hiring, work and team assignments and performance feedback for lawyers at all levels.
- Focus on building and enhancing intentional mentorship programs for our diverse attorneys from the moment they begin at the Firm, supplementing traditional Firm mentorship efforts.
- Dedicate Firm resources to education and regular training to understand the experiences and concerns of diverse attorneys and increase awareness of behaviors rooted in implicit bias, and focus such education and training at all levels of our organization, particularly for those who are in positions of leadership.