Co-President — Greenberg Traurig LLP
I, Ernest Greer, personally commit to the following:
- Internally, use my voice and position as a leader in my organization to advance transformative impacts in the development, retention, and advancement of diverse attorneys across our platform.
- Externally, continue to publicly advocate for systemic changes in the legal industry, including helping to identify and remove institutional barriers that impede diverse attorneys from achieving equitable opportunities within the legal profession.
- Personally sponsor the career development of at least one diverse senior associate, counsel and/or shareholder.
- Continue to collaborate with clients and diversity-related organizations seeking to advance DE&I initiatives.
- Remain committed to developing best-in-class mentor and sponsorship programs to help create opportunities for diverse attorneys to advance at the firm.
- Continue to ensure that DEI is on the agenda at the highest level (i.e., Executive Committee) and firmwide meetings.
- Continue to prioritize and enhance our DE&I trainings focused on building awareness and education, including unconscious bias training.
- Remain committed to and actively engaged in promoting social, racial, and economic justice through our charitable giving, volunteerism, “GT Courageous Conversations Series”, and pro bono legal services.
- Examine how we track and/or monitor our diversity supplier spend and look for opportunities to enhance our supplier diversity program.
- Continue supporting our efforts to maintain Mansfield Certification Plus, which means the firm successfully reaches at least 30% representation of women, people of color, LGBTQ+, and attorneys with disabilities in key areas, such as senior level lateral recruitment, promotions, and notable leadership roles.