I, Ellen Patterson, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to use my position as a leader to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion, both within Wells Fargo and throughout the legal profession.
- I will continue to sponsor a Wells Fargo Employee Resource Network designed to provide diverse Wells Fargo employees with career and professional development, mentoring, leadership engagement, networking, and community volunteering opportunities.
- I will continue to sponsor and create space to engage in conversations focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics.
- I will continue to create opportunities for mentorship and sponsorship of diverse employees.
- I will continue to host meetings focused on the professional development and engagement of women leaders.
Wells Fargo has a critical role to play in advancing the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our society and setting an example for other businesses to follow. To those ends, the Wells Fargo Legal Department will continue to:
- Develop a strong culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion designed to attract, retain, and promote diverse talent;
- Encourage diverse candidate slates and interview teams for key roles in the Wells Fargo Legal Department;
- Build a credible pipeline of internal and external successors that includes diverse talent for roles in scope for leadership succession planning;
- Make objective diversity, equity, and inclusion metrics and activities a part of the Legal Department’s regular business reviews;
- Sponsor at least one LCLD Fellow and LCLD Pathfinder annually.