I, Ellen Fitzsimmons, personally commit to the following:
- To continue to use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession and in all of my communities.
- To continue holding leaders in my department accountable for a shared commitment to creating an inclusive workplace and advancing diversity in Truist and in the legal profession.
- To continuing sponsoring, mentoring and advancing diverse talent actively within the legal department and across the company, as well as throughout my networks.
- To annually sponsor diverse lawyers within Truist to the LCLD and other internal and external developmental programs.
- To meet twice a year with my organization’s LCLD Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni, as well as other legal teammates, to discuss their experiences, and ask each individual to be candid then, and at all times, about how the organization is succeeding and how it can improve.
- To continue working with my leadership team to increase engagement by actively sponsoring, supporting, participating in and providing resources for, the Legal Department’s DEI Council.
- To continue providing advancement opportunities for a broadly diverse group of legal professionals through an intentional strategy involving developmental focus and mentoring, internal leadership training and other programs and resources.
- To continue incorporating Truist’s diversity objectives in the succession planning process for internal positions and external hiring, including having an environment that addresses the potential for unconscious bias.
- To continue leveraging and advancing Truist’s legal Pro Bono and Volunteer programs to support the needs of diverse and underserved communities.
- To further refine and use diversity information and data (including the ABA Model Diversity Survey) in identifying and selecting external counsel handling Truist legal matters.