I, Elizabeth Davis, personally commit to the following:
- Use my role to advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion within my firm and within the legal community.
- Ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion is a top priority for the firm.
- Regularly attend LCLD programs, as well as other external diversity organizations, and learn from other LCLD members about current issues involving diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as best practices for law firms.
- Serve as a sponsor for women and underrepresented groups within the firm to advocate and support their professional development.
- Along with the firm’s DEI Chief, report the state of diversity, equity, and inclusion at least quarterly to the firm’s shareholders.
- Fully support the firm’s DEI Chief to advance diversity, equity and inclusion programming and opportunities at the firm.
- Cultivate a workplace where diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued and incorporated in how the firm approaches its colleagues, clients, and legal practice.
- Broaden our relationships at historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- Continue to achieve Mansfield Certification annually.
- Support the firm’s participation in programs and opportunities sponsored by LCLD as well as other external diversity organizations.
- Address racial and social injustice through pro bono efforts, education, and monetary support.
- Oversee the firm’s mentorship program, which (i) creates individualized plans for our diverse attorneys that target their desired practice areas, ensure exposure to areas of interest, and set professional and business development benchmarks; and (ii) provides allyship in making sure that there is steady progress towards reaching their goals.
- Pilot the firm’s credentialing initiative, which seeks to identify and secure speaking engagements and publication opportunities for our diverse attorneys to raise their visibility in the legal community.
- Build upon the expansion of the firm’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts to include all firm employees.
- Strengthen the pipeline of women and diverse lawyers through the firm’s retention and recruitment efforts.
- Lead conversations internally and externally about obstacles and opportunities for diverse attorneys and best practices for fostering diverse, equitable, and inclusive cultures in the legal sphere.
- Continue to assist our clients in facilitating and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts at their respective organizations.