I, David Yawman, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will publicly demonstrate my commitment, and engage in forums, to drive diversity in the legal profession.
- I will make diversity in the legal profession a standing area of discussion with both law firms and peer general counsel so as to learn and share best practices.
- I will meet one on one with diverse members of my team, as well as our diverse interns and fellows, to listen, hear and understand in order to reinforce my commitment and better inform my future actions.
- I will identify, openly endorse and support outside counsel firms with diverse partners and associates.
- I will know and actively monitor the representation figures within my legal department and sponsor the development of a broad slate of diverse lawyers and legal professionals.
- I will maintain PepsiCo’s Thompson Fellowship Program, which is designed to provide meaningful summer internships for diverse 1Ls.
- I will ensure PepsiCo’s selection of outside counsel firms in rooted in three areas – expertise, value and diversity.
- I will require diverse slates for all hiring/promotions within the law department.
- I will require diversity in succession planning for internal legal leadership position.
- I will be a leading voice within my company on the importance of diversity.