Firm Managing Partner — Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
I, David Krutz, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my firm and in the profession to advocate for the entry of diverse talent in the legal profession and the proactive development of that talent.
- I will sponsor at least two diverse professionals in our firm. As part of this effort, I will actively help them develop and implement a business plan that focuses on them generating revenue from both external and internal sources.
- I will meet three times a year with my organizations’ Fellows, Pathfinders and Alumni to discuss their experiences in the organization and encourage each individual to come to the meeting with a recommendation to advance the efforts of the organization.
- I will use my position in Firm Leadership to advocate for our DEI Committee to adopt and implement at least three meaningful changes each year in the areas of work assignments, succession planning, hiring and compensation.
- By the end of this year, my firm will expand our internship program to include a new focus to support students pursuing STEM degrees from Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- My firm will adopt an e-learning platform to provide a comprehensive program which can be used to train and stay current on DEI best practices.
- My firm will develop a business plan with our leading diverse Partners to promote them, enhance the ability to attract work and increase their economic standing in the firm.
- We will assess our firm’s credit allocation process to ensure that our practices related to credit-sharing are equitable.
- We will require practice group leaders to prepare and present to firm leadership annual DE&I action plans and related metrics.
- We will select 6 clients each year and work with them to increase leadership opportunities and participation of diverse firm attorneys.