I, David Greenwald, personally commit to the following:
- Continue to lead Fried Frank’s D&I Council and push forward the Firm’s long-term strategy of inculcating inclusion skills; embedding D&I into internal, client, and community policies and processes; encouraging partner engagement and accountability; and elevating Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) as catalysts for change.
- Regularly engage with lawyers and business services professionals at all levels regarding the importance of diversity and inclusion initiatives and their impact within the Firm and beyond.
- Meet with our ERG leaders to understand concerns, discuss ideas for improvement, and support project implementation.
- Promote and participate in Fried Frank’s Culture, Law and Policy Series events, which feature thought-provoking topics meant to raise awareness, increase understanding, and exchange ideas and perspectives relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commit to developing talent equitably and inclusively by supporting diverse senior associates in the partner pipeline and increasing mentorship to ensure that partners and associates from underrepresented groups are supported.
- Continue to promote education on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics through Firmwide events and required blended learning.
- Continue our role in strengthening the diverse pipeline through high school and college with continued support of initiatives like SEO (Seizing Every Opportunity) and Legal Outreach, and by investing in new programs.
- Continue our relationship with Genesys Works to further develop the Firm’s diverse pipeline of professional staff through internships and other means.
- Expand our metrics and tools to hold leaders accountable in achieving D&I goals.
- Strengthen the engagement of partners as active allies and resources for diverse attorneys through building out our new Diversity Champions program.
- Continue to fund professional development programs and conferences, which help to support the Firm’s diverse talent growth, and by hosting professional development retreats for our diverse attorneys.
- Continue to support civil rights organizations, as the Firm has done for more than 20 years in a myriad of ways, including the Fried Frank Civil Rights Fellowship, which pairs Fried Frank Fellows with the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) and Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF).
- Continue the Firm’s well-known pro bono practice, including our active involvement in the working groups of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance.
- Add new communities to our four ERGs, which currently focus on individuals of diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ employees, women, and working parents, and are open to both attorneys and business services professionals.