I, David Ammons, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as the Managing Partner of LTL Attorneys and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position as the Managing Partner of LTL Attorneys to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring and compensation.
- Meet semiannually with the firm’s LCLD Fellows, Pathfinders, and alumni to discuss ideas for improving the firm’s DE&I efforts and identify other or new attorneys to continue LTL’s participation in this program.
- Foster regular discussions with LTL attorneys about LTL’s DE&I efforts and programs and encourage their participation and commitment to these efforts.
- Commit firm resources to assess our recruiting and performance feedback processes to improve DE&I.
- Expand recruitment efforts to help achieve D, E & I goals of increased women and underrepresented minority Associates and lateral hires.
- Continue to expand upon the inclusion of all employees and staff representatives in the firm's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and internal DE+I Committee.
- I will develop client succession plans that ensure a diverse partner is one of a team of at least one to two lawyers identified to succeed a senior partner, for six clients within the next year.
- I will review my firm’s origination credit process to ensure that practices such as credit-sharing and developing business are equitable.
- Continue LTL’s active sponsorship and involvement in diversity bar organizations which promote providing opportunities to diverse attorneys.
- Explore opportunities for pro bono work specifically related to combatting racism and other forms of invidious discrimination.