I, Dana Rao, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice and platform as a leader at Adobe to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession, the technology industry, and my community.
- Lead the task force for Responsibility and Advocacy for Adobe’s Taking Action Initiative, whose goal is to accelerate the representation, development and success of Adobe’s Black employees relative to the external landscape of social injustice and economic inequality.
- Continue to support our Legal Diversity and Inclusion Committee and incorporate their feedback and advice into practices and policies within our Legal organization at Adobe.
- Ensure a diverse slate of candidates when there are openings on my staff.
- Support interns that are part of our law firm diversity program through events like “Meet the GC”, panels, and networking opportunities.
- Be a vocal supporter of public policy initiatives and reforms specific to our Black Community.
- Be an active member of the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD) and support its various programs and events.
- Continue to support efforts to make Adobe and our legal department reflect the diversity around us.
- Ensure a diverse candidate slate is in place before an employment offer is made for an open role and build a diverse interview panel for each open role so candidates have a more inclusive experience.
- Support Adobe’s aspirational goal of increasing representation of women in leadership positions to 30% globally by 2025 and doubling percentage of underrepresented minorities in leadership positions by 2025.
- Support Adobe’s aspirational goal of doubling Black representation at Adobe in the US by 2025.
- Support the reporting of pay parity and opportunity parity metrics annually.
- Encourage Black representation in our selection of outside counsel firms and track key metrics to ensure that underrepresented minorities are getting opportunities to work on matters that promote visibility and provide opportunities for promotion within their firm.
- Continue to develop and encourage participation in our Legal Pro Bono Program, which serves underprivileged communities.