I, Damon Hart, personally commit to the following:
- I will utilize my leadership role to champion Liberty Mutual’s Values and will champion the recruiting, development, retention and promotion of under-represented talent to deliver a more diverse workforce at all levels across the organization.
- I will practice Liberty Mutual’s Guidelines for Inclusion as part of how I work.
- I will set expectations and engage Liberty Legal managers in actively leading the Legal Department’s DEI efforts towards achieving our DEI commitments and goals.
- I will ensure that all managers in Liberty’s Legal organization have annual performance objective measures tied to investing in the development of all employees, and creating inclusive environments where employees feel a sense of belonging and can do their best work.
- I will actively support Liberty’s Legal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee in their work across a national network of affinity bar associations and local affiliates, in hosting the Liberty Legal DEI Distinguished Speaker Series and in offering a variety of DEI training and community discussions.
- As a founding member of the New Commonwealth Racial Equity & Social Justice Fund, I will advance the fund’s mission to support robust racial equity and social justice outcomes.
- I will promote increased law firm diversity by annually hosting the Liberty Legal Academy, a strategic partnership development conference, to identify and welcome diverse outside counsel and firms and offer practical guidance on best partnering with Liberty Mutual for our outside counsel needs.
- I will leverage preferred providers that value, commit to and make measurable progress against our DEI expectations, including diverse staffing on our projects.
- I will sponsor the James Kelleher Fellowship Program annually to aid in developing a robust pipeline of attorneys of color with insurance law experience, through partnership with external law firms.
- I will work alongside bar associations, undergraduate programs, law schools and General Counsels across the industry to collaborate and partner to advance a more diverse, equitable and inclusive legal community.