Executive Vice President, Global Public Policy & General Counsel — General Motors
I, Craig Glidden, personally commit to the following:
- To be a leader in my organization, my community, and the legal profession concerning diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I).
- To ensure that DE&I is an integral part of my law department’s recruiting, development, advancement, and succession planning.
- To speak with my organization’s Strategic Legal Partnering (SLP) firms every quarter about the importance of DE&I to me and GM.
- To support and advance LCLD and professional organizations that advance DE&I.
- To support GM’s Chairman & CEO, our Senior Leadership Team, and our Inclusion Advisory Board to advance DE&I initiatives within the company and strive to become the world’s most inclusive company.
- To continue advancing the five key DE&I initiatives led by GM’s Legal Staff: Awareness & Training, Policy Reform, Education & Economic Opportunity, Public Health, and Finance Initiatives.
- To ensure that DE&I is discussed during our Legal Leadership Team meetings.
- To commit to diverse slates for new positions, and continue growing, developing, and advancing diverse attorneys into executive and leadership roles.
- To continue utilizing the diversity dashboard to ensure our SLP firms are supporting our matters with diverse attorneys.
- Strive for 20% increase over our 2020 racial minority utilization and improve in our total diversity utilization across our SLP firms.
- Host four speakers each year to address DE&I topics with our Legal Staff.