I, Colin Murray, personally commit to the following:
- Embed inclusion and diversity into how we lead, how we serve our clients, how we recruit, develop, retain, and promote our colleagues from underrepresented groups.
- Use my voice as a leader to advocate for inclusion and diversity at the firm and in the legal profession.
- Participate in LCLD as well as other DEI organizations to engage in discussions on best practices to drive inclusion and diversity in the legal profession.
- Ensure compliance with Diversity Lab's Mansfield 5.0 to maintain our certified plus status.
- Implement with urgency our LCLD organizational commitment pledge.
- Recruit, retain and promote lawyers from underrepresented groups, to include progress towards meeting the Firm's diversity targets by 2025.
- Implement a comprehensive Sponsorship Program for mid-level lawyers of color who will be paired with senior level partners to advocate and introduce them to opportunities.
- Prioritize diverse recruitment, by deepening relationships with law schools with large populations of students from underrepresented groups. For lateral recruiting, will require diverse candidate pools and identify recruiters who specialize in diverse recruitment.
- Offer I&D Summer Fellowships, focusing on HBCUs, and prioritize mentoring opportunities and engagement.
- Develop key progress indicators (KPIs) for practice group leaders to advance inclusion and diversity.
- Embed substantive inclusion and diversity education, learnings and discussions as a part of the mainstream and in all Firm meetings, so as not to be considered a separate activity or initiative.
- Prioritize inclusion efforts for people with disabilities. Engage with key internal stakeholders to assess inventory/internal review of accessibility of systems and processes and implementation.
- Incentivize sustained engagement in I&D initiatives by providing 125 hours of billable hour credit in the US and Canada, and 50 hours in Mexico.