I, Cindy Caranella Kelly, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader at my law firm and in the legal industry to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession and my community.
- Encourage all Kasowitz attorneys to participate in and support the firm’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Encourage and support Kasowitz attorneys from historically underrepresented backgrounds by meeting with the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Women’s Initiatives Committee, and affinity groups to obtain feedback and insight on how to further diversify and support the firm’s diverse attorneys.
- Engage regularly with the firm’s recruiting team to ensure that we are recruiting qualified diverse candidates.
- Continue to support programs designed to expand and diversify the talent pipeline such as LCLD and explore new initiatives to recruit qualified diverse candidates.
- Support diverse attorneys by creating opportunities for them to develop their legal talents and advance at Kasowitz.
- Ensure that diverse attorneys have access to professional and business development opportunities and to requisite professional networks.
- Ensure each prospective candidate meets with attorneys from different backgrounds during the interview process.