I, Christopher Trowbridge, personally commit to the following:
- To lead by example–staffing my matters to include diverse attorneys and creating opportunities for diverse attorneys.
- To encourage and participate in the firm’s diversity initiatives, including Dallas Business Journal’s Leaders in Diversity.
- To meet twice yearly or as requested with the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee to ensure diversity goals are being met and to give them opportunities to make real change within our firm by reviewing policies at all levels to ensure DE&I is an ongoing conversation.
- To meet annually with the firm’s Fellows, Pathfinders and Alumni to discuss their involvement with LCLD and hear their input on changes the firm can make to have “best practices” within the DE&I space.
- To personally sponsor one diverse attorney each year. As part of this relationship, I will ensure that the sponsored attorney receives heightened internal/external visibility.
- To value diversity and recognize the importance of individual differences when hiring and retaining attorneys.
- To recognize that each lawyer takes a different path to success and to ensure that all attorneys have an “opportunity to fail” and a path to recovery.
- To request practice group leaders to prepare and present to the firm’s Management Committee annual DE&I action plans and metrics.
- To require the Marketing Committee to identify DE&I initiatives in the firm’s marketing strategies and to require DE&I goals to be identified in all attorney individual business development plans.