General Counsel — Peabody Energy
I, Chris Wittenauer, personally commit to the following:
- I commit to identify an associate at one of our principle outside law firms and will personally meet with them at least twice per year to provide coaching and mentoring. Further, I will formally inquire with firm leadership annually as to their development.
- I will commit to make myself available to diverse talent at every level of Peabody and identify an individual that I can mentor.
- I will reinforce a strong culture of DE&I within the Peabody Legal Department and ensure DE&I is a key factor in recruitment, development, and succession planning within my department.
- To continue to expand my personal understanding of DE&I issues.
- To remain actively engaged with LCLD and other organizations that advance DE&I initiatives and programs.
- I will continue to learn and be open to feedback from others on my views as well as their experience in relation to diversity and inclusion.
- I will evaluate Peabody legal panel firms on their support of Peabody’s D&I values, including their diversity initiatives and their ability to adequately staff matters with a diverse team.
- We will continue to share LCLD 1L’s with our partner firms. We will encourage our principle firms to convert 1L offers into 2L offers and ultimately into permanent offers.
- As a part of our 2022 law firm panel selection process, we will add one minority and/or woman owned firm
- We will identify one individual from Peabody to attend a Fellows or Pathfinder program in 2023.