I, Chris Slaughter, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice and position as a leader in my law firm and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position in leadership at my firm to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring, and compensation.
- I will meet periodically with my firm’s LCLD Fellows and Alumni to discuss their experiences within the firm and encourage each of them to help us improve DE&I at our firm.
- We will complete our initial Mansfield certification this year and will pursue certification in the coming year.
- We will continue to develop diverse pools of candidates in hiring and promotion.
- We will continue to participate in the LCLD Fellows Program in the coming year and ensure our Alumni use their experiences and learning to the benefit of our firm’s DE&I efforts.
- We will support the LCLD in its mission to improve DE&I in the legal industry.
- We will use our position as a leading law firm to encourage law schools to improve the diversity of graduating students.