I, Chris Maddux, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue supporting and personally participating in the firm’s diversity and inclusivity activities and maintain an open line of communication for suggestions and feedback.
- I will engage with firm’s client relationship leaders to develop opportunities to collaborate on diversity and inclusion initiatives with our firm clients.
- I will ensure that our Practice Group Leaders support our diverse lawyers and have appropriate mentors assigned to them for professional development.
- I will resist casual Friday dress at our firm in support of our partner, Orlando R. Richmond. See further details here.
- We will continue to work towards achieving our Mansfield Certification in 2022.
- We will implement unconscious bias training and continuous education on diversity and inclusivity topics for Firm leaders.
- We will remain committed to recruiting from historically Black law schools.
- We will continue to feature diversity and inclusion as a standing agenda item in all Executive Committee and Practice Group Leader Meetings, making it a management priority. The Chair of the Firm’s Diversity and Inclusivity Committee will continue to attend all Executive Committee meetings and Practice Group Leader meetings.
- We will ensure that partner and associate compensation systems reward diversity and inclusion efforts.
- We will champion the expansion of the firm's diversity and inclusion efforts to include staff.
- We will expect all Practice Group Leaders to take personal responsibility for the recruiting and success of diverse attorneys and other professionals in their groups. They will be assessed partly on their success in this area.
- We will continue to participate in the LCLD program supporting their initiatives.
- We will continue to support minority-owned business accelerator programs.
- We will continue to support the firm’s diversity scholarship programs as well as our women’s initiative.
- We will continue to support a diverse range of organizations across the firm’s footprint through sponsorships and pro bono work.