I, Catherine Hanaway, personally commit to the following:
- I will support enhancing our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) efforts to further embolden our One Firm culture.
- I will provide thought leadership for the firm as DE&I remains integral to what we do and how we do it.
- As Chair, I will collaborate with our Chief Diversity Officer and the Chair of the Executive Board’s DE&I Committee to educate our Executive Board on how to meaningfully advance DE&I in their roles.
- I will continue to make direct contact with our LCLD program participants to gain insight into the lessons they learned and how to implement those lessons more broadly.
- I will foster transparency by reporting our internal DE&I goals and metrics to external stakeholders.
- I will continue to accept invitations to attend the Employee Resource Group meetings to remain connected to our people and issues that are important.
- I will continue to participate in firm town hall meetings where I will spotlight the DE&I work that is being done and that which must be done.
- As Chair, I will remain resolved to challenge firm leaders to progress DE&I as a core value of our 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
- I will remain vigilant in pursing the DE&I goals included in our 2022-2024 Strategic Plan.
- Recruit, Develop, Promote and Retain a Diverse Workforce
- As outlined in our firmwide 2022-2025 Strategic Plan, we commit to increasing diversity at our firm. Diversity is expressed in myriad forms, including race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, language, culture, national origins, religion, age, and disability status.
- We commit to the recruitment of diverse talent across the firm.
- We commit to creating career and professional development opportunities that position our talent for success.
- We commit to the promotion of diverse talent within our firm through replicable and sustainable systems and processes.
- We commit to developing opportunities for expression that consider the diverse experiences of our talent.
- Maintain Equitable Practices, Accountability and Transparency
- We commit to working actively to challenge and respond to bias, harassment and discrimination. We will actively review and revise inequitable policies and practices across the firm.
- We commit to continual progress with our DE&I efforts and will track, report, and hold ourselves accountable for outcomes, as stated in our 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
- We commit to collaborating with external partners and clients to achieve equitable practices in the recruitment, retention, and promotion of talent.
- Foster an Inclusive Culture and Community
- We commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our firm is a place where differences are welcomed, where different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion.
- We know that by supporting the communities in which we live and work, we enhance the lives of our colleagues and clients. Therefore, we commit to fostering an inclusive environment within our firm with the hope that our professionals will value inclusion within their communities and the communities we serve.