I, C. Matt Keen, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to demonstrate my commitment to DEI through actions and words to drive DEI at Ogletree Deakins and the legal profession.
- I will continue to chair the DEI Steering Committee and support the Committee’s initiatives.
- I will meet with the leaders of our Business Resource Groups to understand and address the concerns and recommendations of their constituents.
- I will ensure that the firm has diverse representation in firm leadership positions, including the Board of Directors.
- I will partner with a General Counsel to host an LCLD program.
- I will ensure that the firm provides periodic inclusive leadership training for all those in leadership positions.
- I will periodically meet with junior attorneys from underrepresented backgrounds to hear about their experiences developing their practice, and perspectives on ways the firm/I can support their development and leadership goals.
- I will ensure that Ogletree Deakins achieves and maintains Mansfield Certification.
- Highlight DEI as an important part of the firm’s new strategic plan, and the execution of that plan.
- As part of the firm’s succession planning process, ensure that diverse attorneys are included in client succession plans.
- Conduct required annual DEI training for all employees.
- Require office managing shareholders and practice group leaders to include plans to recruit and advance diverse talent in their office and group staffing plans.
- Expand our diversity recruitment efforts by expanding the schools and networks where we typically recruit.
- Sponsor diversity-related pipeline programs that advance DEI in the legal profession and beyond.
- Continue the Impact Sponsorship program that pairs diverse associates with some of our most successful equity shareholders to expand their networks and opportunities.
- Continue our partnership with LPGA, including the Women’s Empowerment Day and other programs.
- Encourage all colleagues to engage in the various awareness and discussion programs we offer on critical DEI issues.
- Create new affinity groups for veterans, and differently abled lawyers and staff.
- Develop a framework to expand our DEI efforts and programming to our professional staff.
- Expand opportunities for firm attorneys to earn billable hour credit for hours spent engaging in activities that meaningfully advance DEI at the firm and in the legal community.