I, Brian Roman, personally commit to the following:
- Use my leadership position to reinforce Viatris’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Connect and collaborate with peers and other resource groups, including LCLD, to share best practices and support initiatives that advance diversity in the legal profession.
- Ensure that DE&I is a core value of the Law Department, and is reflected in how we recruit, develop, retain, and advance talent.
- Ensure that our legal service providers understand, value, and advance our DE&I expectations.
- Ensure our diversity goals become individual employee objectives tied to their annual performance to drive accountability and foster a culture of diversity.
- Create an Outside Counsel Diversity Program aimed at requiring providers to show annual diverse staffing progress through timekeeper and aggregate data of counsel working on Viatris matters.
- Critically evaluate law firm metrics and timekeeper data to better inform the DE&I status of potential and Preferred Providers.
- Require annual review of the expectations set for Providers and continue to have conversations to further guidelines and hold firms accountable to our requirements.
- Advocate for diverse candidate pools for all open positions and support Viatris commitments to increase minority representation in leadership positions.
- I will have succession and development plans in place for talent to support retention and advancement of diverse employees.