Co-Managing Director — Goulston & Storrs PC
I, Bill Dillon, personally commit to the following:
- We will use our voices as leaders in our organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in our communities.
- We will use our positions among our firm’s leadership to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring, committee and leadership roles, performance management and compensation.
- We will partner with a general counsel to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch.
- We each will personally sponsor one diverse junior attorney and one diverse partner each year. As part of this relationship, we will ensure that each protégé receives a concrete stretch opportunity for internal/external visibility each quarter.
- We will meet annually with our organization’s Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni and annually with our affinity groups. We will ask LCLD participants and affinity group members to discuss their experiences within the organization, and ask each individual to come to the meeting with a recommendation for how the organization could improve.
- We will require practice group leaders to prepare and present to firm leadership annual DE&I action plans and related metrics.
- Within two years, our firm will evaluate our work allocation, performance review, and committee selection processes to ensure equitable work distribution and effective reviews that create a supportive foundation for career and leadership development.
- Within two years, we will work with our firm to create partner compensation recognitions so that partners are meaningfully acknowledged for their personal contributions to DE&I, including demographics of client matter teams, occasions when the partner has designated a diverse lawyer to serve in a senior client relationship role, introduction of diverse lawyers into client relationships, etc.
- We will evaluate client succession plans to ensure a diverse partner is or is one of a team of two or three lawyers identified to succeed a senior partner, for six clients within the next 18 months.