I, Ann Kappler, personally commit to the following:
Providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive future across Prudential is everyone’s responsibility. That’s why I’ve pledged personally, and as a member of the executive leadership team at Prudential, to take these critical steps to move us forward:
- Engage in regular, open conversations that raise awareness and help identify long-term solutions to promote equity in the workplace as well as throughout society
- Mentor women and diverse leaders to help create a robust talent pipeline for legal positions within and outside of Prudential
- Model by example the courage to speak up on matters that foster cultural inclusion, at all levels, across all communities.
- Join cross-industry peers in advocating for legislation that promotes fair and equitable rights for all people
- Advocate for increased mental health awareness in the workplace as a key measure in fostering supportive and inclusive environments.
- Continue to promote a department-wide DEI objective that encourages leaders of people to embrace diversity across teams and foster a culture of belonging
- Promote inclusion training that empowers employees to learn, build skills and take action to become fully inclusive and equitable leaders, while also gaining a greater understanding of concepts such as unconscious bias and microinequities
- Strengthen partnerships with diverse organizations who are committed to increasing the diversity of the legal industry
- Track and increase diverse spend with minority owned law firm partners of the legal department
- Set expectations with partnering outside counsel that diverse partners and associates meaningfully contribute to work done on organizational matters