I, Andrew Glenn, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for diversity, equality, and inclusion in the legal profession and in my community.
- Use my position among my firm’s leadership to examine hiring, evaluation, and promotion practices to determine how they support or inhibit progress, and work to implement interventions to remove barriers accordingly.
- Meet regularly with diverse talent at all levels within the firm to help support them on their career path. I will likewise encourage members of my leadership team to do the same.
- Have an open door policy to engage with members of underrepresented groups to listen to their perspectives and experiences.
- Require firm leadership to compile, review, and discuss annual diversity, equality, and inclusion action plans and related metrics.
- Work to create an internal process to ensure that diversity, equality, and inclusion goals continue to be met.
- Achieve at least 35% ethnic, racial, and LGBTQ+ diversity among all lawyers and staff members.
- Ensure that diverse lawyers are sponsored by senior leaders within the firm.
- Devote resources to implementing all-lawyer training focused on diversity, equality, and inclusion, including on implicit bias and inclusive leadership.
- Sponsor diversity-related organizations, pipeline programs and community organizations that advance diversity, equality, and inclusion in the legal profession and beyond.
- Build the pipeline for women, minority, and LGBTQ+ lateral partner and associates candidates with proactive search, recruitment, and vetting strategies.
- Host programs that explore diversity, equality, and inclusion issues.
- Foster an inclusive environment where diverse lawyers feel welcomed and supported at work.