I, Amy Sanford, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice and influence to publicly advocate for material systemic change to address diversity, equity and inclusion impediments in the legal community
- Personally mentor at least one African American attorney
- Work with other corporate legal departments and outside counsel to develop diversity commitments which achieve results of giving diverse candidates leadership opportunities within their specialties.
- Have a D&I conversation with each and every outside legal department on each and every matter to ensure that D&I is an active part of the decision-making process.
- Advance internal sensitivity to LGBTQ+ matters including ensuring that gender identity is appropriately considered in legal review of documents and policies.
- Maintain an open and caring legal department where diversity is truly appreciated.
- Ensure that each hiring opportunity ensures an appropriate slate of diverse candidates are presented and evaluated.
- Success will be achieved when the law firm matters we engage in are disproportionately managed by candidates reflecting D&I characteristics and/or a strong commitment to D&I initiatives.
- Success is achieved by a strong, inclusive, and caring department where all are appreciated for the true value that diversity of all type brings to each and every issue on the table.