I, Albert Orr, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DEI in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position among the Firm's leadership to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring, internal leadership positions and business development support.
- I will participate in the MKE Legal Diversity Initiative and share learnings with the Firm's Board of Directors and DEI leadership.
- I will add a section regarding DEI issues to the anonymous upward review process that I am subject to each fiscal year and will adopt that tool for other Firm leadership roles.
- I will create a directory of lawyers who identify as diverse and circulate it with practice group leaders and others building client teams.
- I will work with the Firm to create an internal process to track all attorney pitch teams for diversity.
- I will visibly and vocally support the efforts of our DEI Committee to educate the Firm on DEI issues, including unconscious bias training and inclusivity programming.
- I will administer the Firm's client succession process to ensure that our decisions are equitable.
- The Firm will implement an automated feedback system, in which attorneys receive frequent, concrete feedback and assigning attorneys are assessed based on the frequency and quality of feedback they give.