I, Alan Tse, personally commit to the following:
- Partner with organizations that move needle toward diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession, such as Leadership Counsel for Legal Diversity, the Minority Corporate Counsel Association and the Chicago Committee for Minorities in Large Law Firms.
- Encourage and support prior Fellow’s attendance at LCLD meetings and events as well as their participation in the LCLD mentoring program.
- Actively engage with other leaders in my network such as Law Firm Partners, General Counsels, etc. to actively push the needle toward change in the organizations under our spans of control individually and in the legal profession at large.
- Connect with our racially and ethnically diverse team members regularly and personally to listen, hear, understand and support their perspectives, goals and objectives.
- Engage with JLL’s DEI team to discuss initiatives, goals and education that can be implemented for the Legal Department. I will further work with HR and/or the DEI team to review diversity data regarding hiring, internal promotions and succession planning.
- Engage with and encourage my staff to engage with our primary legal service providers to discuss diverse staffing of JLL matters.
- Use my platform to discuss, both in my legal department and in the legal profession at large, the need for greater diversity.
- Create an environment that encourages the success of people from all backgrounds, genders, and abilities.
- Provide professional development for my entire team, with a specific focus on employees that are members of diverse groups.
- Regularly review, analyze and share with our team, the progress being made in JLL’s DE&I efforts both as it relates to the Legal Department and to JLL as a whole.
- Utilize JLL’s DE&I programming and resources to establish goals and initiatives to recruit, develop and promote a diverse Legal Department.
- Actively recruit for all Legal positions through affinity bar associations and professional organizations that promote diversity and inclusion.
- I commit that at least 25% of our outside spend on our US-based matters will be with diverse firms or diverse matter responsible attorneys.