Firm Managing Partner — FordHarrison LLP
I, Al McKenna, personally commit to the following:
- To be personally available to all of our lawyers and staff, so that they can share opportunities and raise concerns directly to the top of our organization.
- Work closely with our Executive Committee and leadership to ensure that we are all leading by example and encouraging others to reflect on how we can achieve our goal of having a workplace where all voices are heard and where everyone feels valued and included.
- Make every effort to ensure that all of our lawyers and staff have equal opportunities and resources to enable them to achieve their personal career goals.
- Seek input from the firm's diverse lawyers and employees to better understand their experiences and perspective.
- Maintain our commitment to transparency by expanding our firm-wide communications through the use of Town Hall meetings, intranet posts, targeted e-mails and the use of other methods of communication.
- To create additional opportunities for lawyers and staff to provide feedback concerning firm policies and practices.
- Continue my participation in LCLD and its programs.
- Maintain a diverse workforce and a culture that values the unique backgrounds, beliefs, skills and attributes of all people.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of delivering legal services by encouraging the creation of diverse and collaborative client teams.
- Establish a positive climate of learning, innovation, inclusion, tolerance, opportunity and growth in which all of our lawyers and staff can succeed.
- Continue our long-standing commitment to LCLD and its Pathfinder, Fellows, 1L Scholars and Mentoring programs.
- Support additional efforts to recruit, and retain lawyers of color and women.
- Continue our commitment to promote internal programming aimed at celebrating our common goals and achievements, while recognizing the unique talents and perspectives each of us brings to our firm.
- In 2021, we conducted a comprehensive firm-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Assessment for all lawyers and staff. We will conduct similar surveys periodically to measure our improvement against our 2021 benchmark and other available industry data.