Managing Partner — Haynes and Boone LLP
I, Taylor Wilson, personally commit to the following:
- Use my leadership position and voice as a catalyst for meaningful progress and to underscore its urgency.
- Demonstrate through my words and actions a true and authentic commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Advocate for a culture of inclusion, not just through the practice of law but in professional interactions in the business and legal community.
- Recommend that our Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other members of firm leadership closely examine their decision-making processes for bias.
- Meet with Haynes and Boone’s LCLD Pathfinders and Fellows to discuss current issues on at least a quarterly basis.
- Sponsor and mentor at least one diverse associate at our firm.
- Hold Haynes and Boone accountable for the commitments listed within this pledge.
Haynes and Boone will continue the pursuit of its goal to be a market leader in diversity, equity and inclusion, as set forth in the firm’s strategic plan. To this end, the firm commits to doing the following within the next year:
- Emphasize education and training for all attorneys on diversity, equity and inclusion to help attorneys learn how to recognize and disrupt unconscious bias and have a strong understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Conduct a thoughtful review of attorney recruitment with the goal of improving recruitment of diverse talent that will be successful at our firm.
- Focus on additional processes and programs to assist the integration into our firm of new diverse attorneys.
- Continue to encourage real-time feedback to all associates.
- Evaluate our efforts to consider diversity in our promotions and appointments processes.
- Examine succession planning policies to determine ways to incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Explore ways to recognize and reward exceptional commitment by attorneys to diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Host an LCLD lunch or virtual meeting.
- Use formal and informal check-ins with our diverse attorneys to gauge the effectiveness of our diversity, equity and inclusion programs and attorney integration process.
- Evaluate and revise this pledge at the end of the year.