I, Steve McManus, personally commit to the following:
- Hold leaders in my department accountable for the shared commitment to creating an inclusive workplace and advancing diversity in the legal profession.
- Model conversational opportunities built on a grassroots approach that help employees bring their full and best selves to work.
- Solicit input for key decisions from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, ensuring thoughtful and deliberate discussions and better outcomes.
- Ensure D&I is part of the agenda of every meeting of the Law Department cross-departmental leadership group.
- Provide access to education and awareness programming to enhance the understanding and importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
- Advance diversity pipeline efforts through our continued commitment to leadership development opportunities for internal and external attorneys and supporting law students through summer legal internships and other development opportunities.
- Leverage our position and influence to affect positive dialogue and change amongst our external legal services providers.
- Work to ensure our hiring efforts cast a wide net to broaden our external recruiting network.
- Proportion of external legal spend attributable to diverse attorneys or diverse-owned law firms as well as the progress our retained counsel firms are making in the D&I space.
- Diversity among attorney and leadership team in the Law Department.