I, Robert Reedy, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the legal profession and in our communities.
- Use my leadership position to advocate for changes within the firm to improve the equity of processes such as hiring, work assignments, and compensation.
- Work with firm leadership to establish a continued focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in all aspects of our business.
- Continue to support my firm’s membership in LCLD by actively engaging in LCLD programs, mentorship opportunities, and opportunities to host LCLD programs in Houston, TX.
- Support the annual participation of Porter Hedges attorneys in the LCLD Fellows and Pathfinders programs, and meet with program alumni twice a year to discuss their experiences within the firm and recommendations for continued success.
- Support and actively participate in programs developed by the firm’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Initiative and Women’s Initiative.
- Work to change the attorney compensation process so that it rewards individuals for their personal commitment to and participation in diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Work to incorporate diversity and inclusion goals into practice group strategic plans that include the recruitment, retention, and advancement of diverse and women attorneys within each group.
- Increase diverse and women attorneys’ participation in Firm committees and other leadership roles. Add at least one additional diverse partner to the senior management team in 2021-22.
- Initiate direct conversations with partners about sponsoring diverse non-equity partners to become equity partners.
- Review firm policy and procedures annually to ensure that firm-wide practices are inclusive and equitable.
- Continue the firm’s DEIB efforts to include all personnel and encourage both attorneys and staff to actively participate in programs and trainings developed by the DEIB Initiative.
- Work with firm leadership to commit firm resources and funds towards additional DEIB programs, trainings, and sponsorships.
- Continue implementing processes to meet the DEIB strategic goal of increasing the number of diverse and women attorneys on an annual basis to meet or exceed industry standards.