I, Paul Rigali, personally commit to the following:
- Use my leadership position to advocate for systemic change on issues of inequality and injustice in the legal profession and society, in particular within the communities in which Larson LLP is a stakeholder.
- Regularly communicate to the firm’s attorneys and staff, to reinforce that diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral components of Larson LLP’s firm culture and core values that guide our practice. Among other things, I will personally meet with new attorneys when they start the firm to express the firm’s commitments to these principles and encourage new members of our firm to share their experiences and participate in a dialogue about diversity and racial equity.
- Meet quarterly with the firm’s LCLD Fellows and Pathfinders for feedback about their experiences and how the firm can draw from and leverage our participation in LCLD’s programming.
- Work with the firm’s partners to schedule semi-annual firm events to address topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work with the firm’s partners to expand the firm’s pro bono and community service efforts, and to harness these efforts as opportunities to fight systemic racism and injustice.
- Support Larson LLP’s participation in the Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance (LFAA).
- Speak to members of the Larson LLP Cohort of UCLA Law Fellows and participants in the UCLA Law Fellows Mentoring Program at least once annually.
- Meet with associates and otherwise solicit feedback to identify ways to increase their satisfaction for skill development and career development through the firm’s work.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with clients on DEI issues.
- Encourage attorney participation in organizations dedicated to the professional development of, and giving a voice to, minority attorneys.
- DEI’s importance as core firm values will be reflected in the firm’s recruiting, hiring, associate development, and community involvement.
- Promote attorney and staff involvement in Larson LLP’s community engagement and pro bono efforts, including efforts related to DEI and anti-racism. Encourage attorney participation in organizations dedicated to advancing the development and success of diverse legal professionals, and provide financial support for membership dues, event sponsorship, and related business development opportunities.
- Recruit, interview, and hire diverse candidates for attorney and staff positions.
- Continue participating in LCLD and the LFAA.
- Include diverse team members in business development efforts and empower them with client-facing roles and courtroom experience early in their tenure with the firm.
- Plan to host semi-annual presentations and/or discussions related to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all firm attorneys and staff members.
- Hire a Summer Associate through the 1L LCLD Scholars Program.