I, Natalie Lamarque, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader in my organization, profession, and community to champion social justice and advocate for diversity, equity andinclusion. It is imperative that as leaders, we use our seat at the table to raise awareness and ensure that practical solutions are implemented to close the racial disparity gap.
- Lead by example by maintaining a diverse legal team, both by recruiting diverse talent for new roles, and ensuring that diverse attorneys are continually developing the skills to be considered for leadership roles.
- Sponsor and mentor diverse talent within the legal department, across the company, as well as throughout the legal profession.
- Actively participate in and support organizations dedicated to developing a pipeline of diverse talent and supporting youth from underserved communities.
- Continue to foster an environment where all employees can be authentic, feel included and have a sense of belonging which fosters ownership and pride in our organization. Provide a safe space for all employees to engage in discussions related to social justice and DEI, including by promoting and participating in trainings on unconscious bias and programs encouraging courageous conversations around issues related to race and gender.
- Formalize clear internal goals, methods to measure, and an accountability framework for hiring diverse outside counsel. We are committed to hiring firms and attorneys with a sustained and demonstrated commitment to diversity and strengthening our relationships with minority and women-owned firms. Our senior leaders will meet with longstanding counsel and relationship partners annually to discuss their progress toward diversity goals, both at their firms generally and with respect to succession planning on our matters. These discussions will focus on how origination credit is awarded, the partnership decision process and timeline, as well as the firm’s bonus practices.
- Increase mentoring, training and support for diverse partners and associates in law firms, including finding opportunities for secondment and providing training programs on our organization and industry. We will provide meaningful early feedback to diverse associates and partners to further their development and support their success. We will also continue our tradition of hiring diverse legal interns, including high school, college, and law host events dedicated to furthering the careers of diverse lawyers such as mock pitch programs and supplier diversity panels, partnering with like-minded organizations.
- Continue our tradition of hiring diverse legal interns, including high school, college, and law students, and providing them with invaluable learning experiences as well as exposure to and advice from successful in-house attorneys.