I, Michael Fricklas, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in my organization and in the legal profession.
- I will lead our legal department in serving and supporting underrepresented communities through our legal department's pro bono program.
- I will host an LCLD Learning Experience and have follow up conversations with at least two Fellows in attendance.
- I will nominate and meet annually with my organization's Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni to discuss their experiences within the organization, and ask each individual to come to the meeting with learnings and ideas to share with me and my leadership team.
- We will continue and expand our mentorship program to ensure all attorneys are mentored.
- We will develop and implement a policy by which our top outside law firms will be required to report on their diversity metrics and meet to discuss progress and how we can support each other's efforts at least annually.
- We will continue to provide diversity, equity, and inclusion training in our legal department.
- We will continue to require diverse slates for all open lawyer roles.
- We will not impose unnecessary job qualifications that may tend to exclude those from varied backgrounds.
- We will support our team members' continued participation in LCLD and other professional organizations dedicated to promoting diversity in the profession, through financial support and through attendance at/participation in programs.
- Success will be achieved when internally and externally the people who work in our legal department, throughout our organization, throughout the law firms that provide services to us, and throughout the profession have strong diverse representation at all levels and encourage and support people from diverse backgrounds to be successful at all levels.