Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary — Lockheed Martin Corporation
I, Maryanne Lavan, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will publicly demonstrate my commitment by engaging in forums with other general counsels, law firms, the LCLD, and educational institutions to drive diversity in the legal profession.
- I will support diversity in my organization by continuing to act as an executive sponsor for one diversity Business Resource Group (BRG), and to participate in the forums for all company BRGs.
- I will mentor and sponsor diverse talent across the company and in the legal industry.
- I will know and actively monitor the representation figures within my legal department and strive to increase the number of diverse employees and leaders in my organization.
- I will conduct bimonthly webcasts for my organization focused solely on topics of DE&I.
- I will commit my Legal staff to participate in training on DE&I topics internal to the organization and externally.
- I will sponsor a summer internship program for diverse first year law students to provide meaningful exposure to in-house Legal careers.
- I will ensure that we develop a diverse slate of qualified candidates for every open position within the law department and that we continue to attract, develop, and advance diverse attorneys into executive and leadership roles.
- I will ensure that selection of outside counsel firms is based on expertise, economics, and the diversity of counsel and partners in the firm.
- I will conduct an annual Law Firm Diversity Assessment to measure the diversity of our top firms and their staffing on our matters. I will provide feedback to the firms and publicly recognize a top firm each year for their DE&I progress.