I, Kyle B. Mansfield, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my position to improve our processes and ensure fairness in recruiting, professional development, promotion, compensation, and appointment to leadership roles for lawyers and staff.
- I will meet and have frequent contact with the Director of Human Resources, the Director of Diversity and Inclusion, and the Diversity and Inclusion Committee to advance diversity and inclusion programming and opportunities at the firm.
- I will meet at least twice a year with our current LCLD Fellow and Pathfinders for updates about their experiences at our firm and LCLD programming and on how we can improve Diversity and Inclusion at the firm.
- I will advocate for systemic changes to uproot inequity in our community and in our profession.
- I will seek out lawyers of underrepresented groups at internal and external meetings to engage with them and make them feel welcome.
- I will meet with my partners in leadership positions to ensure their support for our firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts and request updates from them regarding their personal efforts to attract, retain and promote underrepresented attorneys, and how often they have participated in firm-wide diversity and inclusion activities and initiatives.
- We will consider at least 50% women, racial and ethnic minorities, lawyers with disabilities, and/or LGBTQ+ lawyers for the firm’s lawyer hiring opportunities, formal pitch/client meetings, and leadership positions at the firm.
- We will create and maintain a sense of belonging at the firm through our actions and words to ensure that all lawyers and staff feel accepted and supported when they come to work.
- We will closely monitor the assignment of our cases and client responsibilities to ensure that our practices are equitable and include equal opportunities for underrepresented lawyers.
- We will ensure that partner and associate compensation systems reflect diversity and inclusion efforts.
- We will seek out opportunities for the firm to participate in recruiting programs geared towards increasing diversity in the profession.
- We will seek out programs that can be co-developed with potential or existing clients that promote diversity and eliminate bias in the legal profession.
- We will support the expansion of the firm's diversity and inclusion efforts to include professional support staff.