I, Jim Chosy, personally commit to the following:
- To engage in continuous learning about diversity, equity and inclusion, and improve my own cultural competence both generally and specifically within the legal profession.
- To use my voice and platform to champion diversity within the in-house practice and the profession more broadly.
- To collaborate with my peers to learn from and help each other on the path to improving legal diversity.
- To attract and retain diverse talent at U.S. Bank, through programming, growth and development opportunities, sponsorship and mentorship, and rewarding career paths.
- We will continue building a strong culture of inclusion within the U.S. Bank Law Division that attracts, develops and retains diverse talent.
- We will train and develop our leaders to understand their own biases, improve their cultural competence, continually adapt, and act as role models demonstrating the value of diversity.
- As a founding member of the Move the Needle Fund, we will work to further diversity through experimentation, accountability, transparency and the measurement of results.
- We will continue promoting the Mansfield Rule, working alongside law firms and other in-house legal departments, and strive to ensure that U.S. Bank maintains the highest level of certification.
- We will actively support U.S. Bank’s Chief Diversity Officer and the Corporate Diversity & Inclusion Program, and seek out opportunities for leadership, collaboration and partnership.
- We will further leverage our corporate Pro Bono program to support the needs of diverse and underserved communities.
- Through our Equity and Racial Justice Council, we will stand against racism and work with purpose to learn, grow, build community and foster necessary change within the Law Division and the broader legal profession.
- We will collaborate with outside counsel on diversity initiatives, including through our Spotlight on Talent program, which aims to create opportunities for and help build a pipeline of diverse associate talent within our preferred law firm network.
- We will maintain diversity as a key criteria in selecting outside counsel, and will set appropriate expectations and accountabilities in our outside counsel relationships.
- We will partner with and support organizations dedicated to advancing diversity within the legal profession, such as the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity among others.
- Internal hiring, retention and advancement metrics for diverse Law Division professionals.
- Diversity metrics for outside counsel and other Law Division vendors.
- Metrics related to Law Division-specific DEI projects and initiatives.
- Metrics related to DEI initiatives undertaken within the profession and in which U.S. Bank participates.