Chief Legal Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary — Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
I, Hannah Kim, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will partner with a law firm to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch and select at least two Fellows in attendance for a follow-up conversation.
- I will encourage all members of the legal department to serve as an LCLD mentor.
- I will meet annually with the relationship partner of each of the top 5 legal service providers utilized by our legal department about my personal expectations regarding DE&I on the work they complete for our legal department.
- I will meet one on one with diverse members of my team to listen, hear and understand in order to reinforce my commitment and better inform my future actions.
- I will require diverse slates for all hiring/promotions within the law department. We will actively recruit for all positions through affinity bar associations, including the Hispanic National Bar Association, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association and the National Bar Association. Additionally, I will require diverse interview panels for all hiring within the law department. I will ensure that the hiring manager and interviewers have a lens for understanding the business need for diverse talent/representation.
- I will review diversity data to inform our progress on diversity within our legal department and set diversity-related goals to help hold ourselves accountable for progress.
- I will provide programs throughout the year to promote organizational learning on DE&I.
- I will partner with our significant legal services providers to promote and measure diverse staffing on all matters. By 2023, I commit that at least 25% of our outside spend on our US-based matters will be with diverse firms or diverse matter responsible attorneys.