I, Halimah DeLaine Prado, personally commit to the following:
- I will sponsor a cohort of Googlers to participate in the LCLD Fellows and Pathfinder programs, engaging directly with active participants and alumni and identifying ways to enhance their visibility and opportunities within the department.
- I will dedicate the necessary team resources to track and report on progress to achieve parity in representation and progression outcomes of historically underrepresented groups and populations within the department.
- I will require all US based law firms (with more than 50 attorneys) that are regularly engaged on Google matters to participate in Google’s Outside Counsel Diversity Accelerator Program and report key metrics on diversity every 6 months.
- I will support Google’s Outside Counsel Diversity Mentoring Program, which pairs diverse law firm associates with Google attorney mentors to provide professional development programming for mentees, and will personally mentor an underrepresented law firm associate.
- I will work with my leadership team to increase engagement and retention of minority and women owned law firms, expanding on “The Inclusion Initiative” — a collaborative effort of companies, including Google, that has collectively pledged and spent more than $1.6B with minority and women owned law firms since 2010.
- I will increase investment in Google’s Legal Summer Institute, a unique in-house and law firm experience that invites underrepresented law school students to spend time at Google Headquarters followed by a full summer internship with one of our partner law firms.
- I will actively work to advance Google’s commitment to racial equity by continuing to support and enhance our external and internal DEI efforts to drive meaningful change (see more details here).
- I will work to improve Black+ representation at senior level positions by advancing Google’s goal to improve leadership representation of underrepresented groups across the company by 30 percent by 2025.
- I will develop and communicate clear diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and metrics to advance a more representative and inclusive workplace within the legal department, and will require all people managers in my organization to do the same.