I, Elizabeth Brannen, personally commit to the following:
- To lead by example in my words and actions and strive to inspire others to recognize the importance of full and fair opportunities for everyone—including people of color, women, LGBTQ community members, and others from underrepresented backgrounds.
- To advocate for systematic changes designed to achieve not just diversity, but genuine inclusion and belonging.
- To humbly acknowledge, encourage others to acknowledge, and take concrete steps to counteract implicit bias.
- To meet with all team members as frequently as possible, and at least quarterly, and practice active listening in support of these goals.
- To hire, mentor, retain, and promote diverse candidates.
- To ensure that diverse attorneys and staff have access to professional development opportunities and networks.
- To be generous with speaking and other substantive opportunities and encourage all team members to take advantage of them.
- To remain mindful of diversity, equity, and inclusion when considering compensation and allocating work.
- To maintain and foster a respectful, team-oriented, flexible workplace culture that allows diverse attorneys and allies to thrive.