I, Brian Donnelly, personally commit to the following:
- Meet on a quarterly basis with LCLD Fellow and Pathfinders to learn about their experience at the firm and in the LCLD programs and to identify ways to enhance their visibility and opportunities within the firm.
- Partner with the GC from an LCLD Member to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch.
- Visit with no less than four clients and/or LCLD Members each year to discuss the firm's and my personal commitment to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive legal profession and to explore opportunities to partner together to advance the careers of specific women and diverse attorneys within the firm. Opportunities to be explored include (a) participation in the Farella Talent Initiative, a sponsorship program for women and diverse associates, (b) secondments, (c) specific recommendations of attorneys to handle client matters, (d) succession planning, and (e) joint participation in pro bono projects where women and diverse attorneys from the firm and our clients can network and work side-by-side towards the greater good.
- Meet quarterly one-on-one with all high-potential women and diverse associates in Farella's Talent Initiative to learn about their experience at the firm and to identify ways to enhance their visibility and opportunities within the firm.
- Meet and engage frequently with Chief Talent and Inclusion Officer and the DE+I Committee to advance diversity, equity and inclusion programming and opportunities at the firm.
- When making appointments to key leadership positions at the firm, consider a minimum of one woman partner and one partner from an underrepresented community.
- Create and circulate quarterly reports showing demographic metrics for the firm's two departments, six industry groups and ten practice areas in order to measure progress within departments, industry groups and practice areas. Hold leaders of those groups accountable for progress or lack thereof.
- Require Industry Group Leaders to prepare and present to firm leadership annual strategic plans that include DE+I goals and objectives for attorneys and clients.
- Commit firm resources to assess our recruiting and performance feedback processes to improve diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Continue to expand upon the inclusion of all employees and staff representatives in the firm's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and internal DE+I Committee.