I, Barbara Duffy, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader to advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in my firm, in the legal profession, and in my community.
- Continue supporting and personally participating in Lane Powell’s DEI initiatives and commitments under our three-year DEI Strategic Plan.
- Attend LCLD programs and learn from members of LCLD about DEI current issues and best practices for law firms.
- Meet twice yearly with my firm’s LCLD Fellow, Pathfinder, and Alumni to discuss their experiences and their recommendations for advancing DEI at Lane Powell and in the legal profession.
- Meet annually with my firm’s Women’s Initiative leaders to discuss strategies for advancing the careers of our women attorneys.
- Personally participate in my firm’s Women in Leadership: Senior Living & Care initiative in partnership with our clients and other women leaders in the senior living industry.
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate with clients, including General Counsel LCLD Member clients, to partner on DEI initiatives or otherwise advance the careers of diverse lawyers through secondments or other relationship-building activities.
We will implement our firm’s DEI Strategic Plan for 2021-2023, which includes the following 2021 milestones:
- Participate in the Mansfield Rule 4.0 Certification Process.
- Develop and implement an attorney recruitment plan to advance DEI in our recruiting and hiring process.
- Increase DEI awareness and learning opportunities for staff and attorneys.
- Provide access to information about criteria and the selection process for leadership roles at our firm, including the Board of Directors, Attorney Advancement Committee, and Practice Team Leaders.
- Develop a core competencies model for associates to mitigate bias, ensure equitable evaluation, and increase transparency around progression toward advancement.
- Promote leadership accountability by creating a practice team leader evaluation and compensation model that assesses their personal contributions to DEI.
- Continue our sponsorship of two diversity fellowship programs for 1Ls: The Gregoire Fellows Program in Seattle and the Multnomah Bar Association Fellows Program in Portland.