Katrina J. Dennis is a commercial litigator who focuses her practice on a wide variety of complex commercial disputes and employment litigation in federal and state courts, as well as arbitral proceedings. Katrina has experience in commercial and financial transactions litigation, and real estate and construction disputes. She has handled complex disputes among partners and business owners, as well as a wide range of business torts litigation, including matters based on breach of contract, tortious interference, and breach of fiduciary duty. Katrina is experienced in the area of technology litigation, including theft of trade secrets, non-competition disputes, and patent infringement.
Katrina also represents employers in a broad range of employment matters, including claims involving sexual harassment, gender and disability discrimination, trade secret misappropriation, wrongful discharge, executive compensation, and wage and hour disputes. Additionally, Katrina represents higher education institutions in matters concerning Title IX, Title VII and other state and federal discrimination statutes. Moreover, she provides training to personnel at higher education institutions on investigations involving students, faculty and staff. She regularly advises employers on management issues, including hiring and termination, employee handbooks, record-keeping policies and procedures, grievance arbitration, restrictive covenants, and employee leave and disability. Katrina has considerable trial and appellate experience. She has tried cases in various jurisdictions in Maryland, and she has successfully handled matters in Maryland federal court and in the courts of other jurisdictions, including Delaware, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
Katrina is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Best Lawyers in America list
- Named a “Rising Star” in Maryland by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2013 to present
- Appointed by Governor Larry Hogan to the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland
- Appointed by Governor Larry Hogan Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission
- Appointed by former Governor Martin O’Malley to the Board of Directors of the Maryland Transportation Authority
- 2017 Class of the Greater Baltimore Committee LEADERship program
- 2016 Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- The Daily Record, Leading Women in Maryland, 2013 Award Recipient
- The Daily Record, Very Important Professionals Successful By 40, 2014 Award Recipient
- Network 2000 Mentoring Class, 2010-2011
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Defense Research Institute
- National Employment Law Council
- Association of Black Women Attorneys of Maryland
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Baltimore (MD) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
- Omega Eta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Sergeants' Inn
- J. Dudley Diggs Inn of Court
- Past Director, Board of Directors, Maryland Transportation Authority
- Past Director, Board of Directors, Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc.
- Past Director, Board of Directors, Executive Committee Member, Special Olympics of Maryland
- Past Director, Board of Directors, Southeast Youth Academy
Areas of Practice
Class Action/Complex Litigation
Labor & Employment Law
University of Baltimore School of LawUpdate this Profile