LCLD Alumni Month of Service
Saturday, April 1 - Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Locations across the U.S.
In partnership with the Alumni Outreach Committee, Regional Leads, and City Leads, LCLD is excited to announce a new Alumni initiative to give back to our local communities! Throughout the month of April, City Leads across the U.S. will host events that benefit a nonprofit or legal defense fund in their local community.
- Atlanta - May 21 | Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Charlotte - May 26 | Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Chicago - April 27 | Breakthrough
- Houston - April 22 | Houston Food Bank
- Los Angeles - April 15 | Heal the Bay
- New Jersey - May 5 | Community FoodBank of New Jersey
- New York - May 10 | Clean The World
- Miami - April 13 | Tenants’ Equal Justice Clinic
- Minnesota - April 4, April 13, & April 27 | Good in the 'Hood
- Philadelphia - May 27| Philabundance
- San Diego - May 16 | Casa Cornelia Law Center
- St. Louis - April 29 | Eastern Missouri’s Neighborhood Vacancy Initiative and Concerned Citizens neighborhood association
If there's not an in-person opportunity where you live, you can still participate! We're pleased to offer two virtual options, open to all LCLD Alumni:
Looking for a way to pay your LCLD experience forward? Sign up to be a 2023 LCLD Pathfinder Program Facilitator and spend just 3-5 hours between May and October mentoring LCLD’s next generation of leaders! Pathfinder Program Facilitators provide essential feedback, support, and guidance to Pathfinders as they navigate their program year. Click here to learn more and sign up here.
1L Scholars Resume Review & Mock Interviews
LCLD, in collaboration with Microsoft and LinkedIn, is excited to host virtual mock interviews again at the 2023 1L LCLD Scholars Virtual Summit this summer. All LCLD Alumni are invited to conduct 90-minute resume review and mock interviews with 1L Scholars on Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 12:00–1:30pm ET and 2:30–4:00pm ET . We need 150 more attorneys to participate! Find more information here and register here by Friday, April 21.
If you have any questions or if your area does not have a City Lead and you would like to participate, please contact Alyssa Yuen, Alumni Program Manager.