The Second Annual Pathfinder Alumni Meeting will be held in conjunction with the Seventh Annual LCLD Fellows Alumni Leadership Symposium at the W Hollywood, June 21-23, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA. The Pathfinder Alumni Meeting is sponsored by LCLD Member law firms Bowman and Brooke LLP, Covington & Burling LLP, Goodwin Procter LLP, Littler Mendelson P.C., and Venable LLP.
Please see below for more information and a preliminary outline of the meeting agenda. You may also view a list of current registrants in the "Resources" section at the bottom of the page.
Click here to register for the meeting. Please see below for an outline of anticipated registration fees, which will cover the lunches on Friday and Saturday, dinner on Friday, and the anticipated CLE sessions.
Law Firm Pathfinders:
- $150 Regular Registration: Open until May 24, 2018
- $200 Late Registration: May 25 - June 15, 2018
- $75 Regular Registration: Open through June 15, 2018
You will receive an email with a link to reserve your hotel room at the W Hollywood Hotel once your registration is complete. Please reserve your room by Wednesday, May 30, 2018, or until rooms are sold out, to get LCLD's discounted group rate of $319 plus taxes per night.
For questions, contact Courtney Nolde, LCLD Fellows Alumni Program Manager.
Is your organization interested in becoming a sponsor of the Second Annual LCLD Pathfinder Alumni Meeting? Email Courtney Nolde for more details.
Sessions marked with * are joint sessions with the Seventh Annual LCLD Fellows Alumni Leadership Symposium
Thursday, June 21, 2018
5:00 - 6:00 pm
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Welcome Reception at the W Hollywood Hotel's Station Hollywood Outdoor Courtyard*
8:15 - 10:00 pm
Pick your favorite spot in LA and connect with both new and old Pathfinder Alumni. Dine-Arounds are at the Pathfinders' expense.
Friday, June 22, 2018
9:30 - 10:00 am
10:00 - 10:30 am
Robert Grey, President, LCLD
10:30 am - 11:45 am
#MeToo (CLE Credit Anticipated)
Demery Ryan, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson P.C.
11:45 am - 12:30 pm
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Career Development Panel: Navigating Career Inflection Points
Anushree Bagrodia, Senior Counsel, Mastercard; 2017 Pathfinder | Andrea Grieco, Attorney, Microsoft; 2015 Pathfinder | David Simson, Bernard A. and Lenore S. Greenberg Law Review Fellow, UCLA School of Law | Bryant Yang, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California | Moderated by Phillip Chong, Associate, Duane Morris LLP; 2017 Pathfinder
1:30 - 1:45 pm
1:45 - 3:00 pm
Fireside Chat with Philline Zitin, Director - Workplace and Employment Law, Panda Restaurant Group
3:00 - 3:15 pm
3:15 - 4:30 pm
4:30 - 6:30 pm
6:30 - 10:00 pm
Networking & Group Dinner at the Paramount Theatre*
Presenting the following LCLD Fellows Alumni Awards: Fourth Annual Rick Palmore Awards, Community Service Award, and Participation is Key Award
Saturday, June 23, 2018
10:00 - 11:30 am
Coffee Chats at the W Hollywood Hotel Sponsored by Horvitz & Levy LLP*
Topics and Speakers Include:
- Life, Travel, Health & Fitness: How to Balance It All with Yvette Gatling, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson, P.C.; 2012 Fellow
- Managing Difficult Employees with Demetra Liggins, Partner, Thompson & Knight LLP; 2012 Fellow
- Navigating the Leadership Ladder with Annita Riddick, Senior Counsel, Benefits & Commercial, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP; 2012 Fellow
- Street Law Involvement with Christophe Mosby, Associate General Counsel & Vice President, HP Inc.; 2013 Fellow
- Understanding Law Firm Financials with Trevor Faure, former General Counsel of Ernst & Young and current Global Adviser and President, Global General Counsel Academy, and Kandace Watson, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP; 2013 Fellow
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
12:00 - 1:00 pm
Entertainment Law: Inclusion Riders (CLE Credit Anticipated)
Belinda Martinez Vega, Partner, Venable LLP
1:00 - 1:15 pm
1:15 - 2:15 pm
DACA Litigation: Protecting Immigrants in the Age of Trump (CLE Credit Anticipated)
Mónica Ramírez Almadani, Special Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP
2:15 - 2:45 pm
Wrap-Up / Feedback / Closing Remarks
4:00 - 6:00 pm
Group Networking Event
See the "Resources" section below for a PDF version of the meeting agenda.